INSWOOL HP Â©TM Ceramic Blanket
Inswool Ceramic Blanket insulation is a strong, lightweight, flexible needled blanket that is made from spun ceramic fibers.
It is used in forges and foundry furnaces as the insulation material. This material is rated to a constant operating temperature of 2150 Â°F, and a maximum temperature of 2300 Â°F.
The material is 1" Thick x 24" Wide x Length listed. The density 8 pcf (pounds per cubic foot).
- Furnace, kiln, reformer and boiler linings
- Investment casting mold wrappings
- Removable insulating blankets for stress relieving welds
- Reusable insulation for steam and gas turbines
- Flexible high-temperature pipe insulation
- Pressure and cryogenic vessel fire protection
- High-temperature kiln and furnace insulation
- Furnace door linings and seals
- Soaking pit seals
- Furnace repairs
- Thermal reactor insulation
- Expansion joint seals
- Primary reformer header insulation
- High-temperature gasketing
- Glass furnace crown insulation
- Incineration equipment and stack linings
- Annealing cover seals
- High-temperature filtration
- Nuclear insulation applications
- Atmosphere furnace lining
- Field steam generator lining
- Excellent handling strength
- Excellent hot strength
- Low thermal conductivity
- Low heat storage
- Light weight
- Thermal shock resistance
- High heat reflectance
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Excellent thermal stability
- Excellent sound absorption
- Excellent fire protection
Consider coating your ceramic blanket with
Matrikote 90 to both increase insulation value and to create a hard protective coating. A Matrikote coating also helps keep fibers from blowing free from the blanket in use. Free floating fibers can be hazardous.
This size is 1 inch thick x 24 inches wide x 4 feet long. Cut lengths can vary by +/- 4 inches.